Agriline Products Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales which is part of the Agriline Holdings group of companies (collectively referred to as "Agriline", "we" or "us" in this Policy).
What Personal Information do we collect?
As part of the registration process, we collect some of your personal information. We use that information for reasons which are set out in the “How we use your information” section below.
We only collect the information we actually need, which includes;
- Your name
- Your contact details; postal address including billing and delivery addresses, mobile and telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your on-line browsing activities on Agriline Websites
- Your Agriline Website password
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, we collect but do not store your payment card details.
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your correspondence and communications with Agriline
- Other publicly available personal information, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
- If you use our Guest Wifi; we collect information about your device, data usage, and websites or applications you use
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional information for the purposes in this Policy. Some of the above personal information is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites or send an email to our team. Other personal information is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal information from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources. We do not knowingly collect information relating to children.
How we use your information
We’ve built our website so that you only need to give the minimum amount of information for us to provide our services to you.
All telephone calls are recorded for training and security purposes. You can ask for the call not to be recorded. If you need to give your credit card details over the telephone, we will pause recording for as long is necessary for this information to be conveyed securely. If we call you, it will be directly related to your purchase or enquiry.
Many of our customers live in rural areas where network coverage is limited and they like receive a printed catalogue each year so, we send one. We may also send very occasional postal communications using a trusted Mail service. You can opt out of receiving postal communications at any time by emailing our Data Protection Officer or in writing to The Data Protection Officer, Agriline Products, Unit 15 Harris Business Park, Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Worcestershire, B60 4DJ.
We may collect information directly from you, as well as analysing your responses to any communications, browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line, by telephone and in our trade counter. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic information, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you.
How we protect your information
Agriline is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. Our security measures include
- We do not process information outside the EU
- Regular reviews of all Third-Party Processors who may handle your personal information to ensure they comply with GDPR
- Regular penetration testing of systems
- Security controls which protect the entire Agriline IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- Internal policies setting out our information security approach and training for employees
How you can protect your information
Agriline will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Agriline asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Agriline and more generally
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters, numbers and symbols is best. Avoid your name, email address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained or guessed. Should you wish to change your password you can do so by accessing your account settings
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Legal Basis for processing your information
The legal basis for processing your information is as follows
Agriline collects and uses personal information because is it necessary for
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email
Where you have purchased from us before or where you have requested it; we will send our Annual Catalogue and occasional direct postal marketing. If you are not receiving a catalogue and would like one, please email our Sales Team
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process information after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer information, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Agriline, including
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Protecting Agriline, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Agriline
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Agriline
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
You have the following rights
If you have any questions about how Agriline uses your personal information that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us by any of the following means
- Phone us on: 01527579111
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- Write to: Data Protection Officer, Agriline Products, Unit 15 Harris Business Park, Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Worcestershire, B60 4DJ United Kingdom
Third Party / Microsites
Agriline has partnered with certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you, including
- Mail Chimp accessible by clicking here
- Zendesk accessible by clicking here
These services can be accessed online through the relevant third party's "microsite". These websites, and others linked to from this Policy, are owned and operated by a third party and they are responsible for processing personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We review our Policies regularly. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.